- During a month, they will have to subsist on an island in the middle of the Pacific without food, without water and without shelter, with the sole objective of living the most extreme and shocking adventure of their lives
- The group, consisting of fourteen men with completely different professions, will be totally alone and isolated. They will even travel without luggage, except a recording equipment, a medical kit, three drums with water for a single day, three machetes and three knives
- They themselves will be the narrators and will record their day to day. 4 of the members of the group are professional chambers and will live in the same conditions as their peers
- Coach Pedro García Aguado will be the narrator of this real survival program in which there will be neither winners nor losers
- It is an adaptation of ‘The Island with Bear Grylls’, which has just released its fifth season in the United Kingdom (Channel 4) with great success, including a version with celebrities. In addition, it has been produced in the United States (NBC), France (M6, 3 seasons), Germany (Pro7), Holland (Net 5) and Norway (TV2).
- ‘La Isla’ is produced by Shine Iberia for La Sexta and premiered on May 17th.
- It begins the adventure in ‘The Island’ and at all times it will be she who imposes its rules. On May 17, fourteen men will be disembarked to live the most extreme and shocking experience of their lives.
- Pedro García Aguado will be the driver of this extreme survival reality produced by Shine Iberia for La Sexta.
For a month, an uninhabited island in the middle of the Pacific, more than 8,000 kilometers from Spain, will become your home. The group will be totally alone and isolated in what is apparently a paradise.
‘The Island’ will welcome them and provide them with everything they need, but it will also threaten them and mark their lives forever. They will travel without luggage: they will only have a recording equipment, a medical kit, three drums with water for a single day, three machetes and three knives. They will have to subsist without food, without shelter and without water for the sole purpose of facing the most hostile environment imaginable. Pedro Garcia Aguado, Olympic expo of water polo and coach, will narrate the day to day of the group throughout eight programs. There will be neither winners nor losers, the only competition will be against themselves.
The men do not know each other, they are not experts, they have not visited the place before and they do not have any tools. Each will be the narrator of their adventure recording their day to day. Four of the members of the group are professional chambers and will live in the same conditions as their peers.
‘La Isla’ is the Spanish adaptation of ‘The Island with Bear Grylls’, Channel 4’s British revelation entertainment program in 2014, which saw audience peaks with more than three million viewers. His second and third seasons were the most seen of Channel 4 and doubled the average of the channel in prime time. The program has become a social phenomenon, as shown by the casting figures: 3,000 candidates in season 1, 80,000 in the second and more than 120,000 in the third. It is now broadcasting the fourth season with anonymous and is recording at the moment the second with celebrities.
The Island is an international success that has just released its third season in France (M6), and has also been broadcasted in the United States (NBC), Germany (Pro7), the Netherlands (Net 5) and Norway (TV2) .
The Island, its rules
Located in the Pacific Ocean is part of the Las Perlas Archipelago, in the Gulf of Panama, more than 8,000km from Spain. The island has eight kilometers of coastline. It is covered with dense jungle, rocky terrain and dangerous tides. Even the most experienced survivor could be in serious danger within seconds.
This small and treacherous paradise rises 11 meters above sea level. The island has an area of just over one square kilometer in which the resources necessary to survive are hidden. Will these 14 ordinary men be able to find them and thus ensure their survival?